e-Merchant Services, a part of SambaConnect provides a secure way for buyers to authorize payments and for merchants to accept payments on both Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) online purchases.
No more worries about sharing any sensitive card or account information on the merchant's website. This information is now strictly between the buyer and Samba Financial Group.
How e-merchant services work?
If you are a buyer:
- Browse through a merchant’s website.
- Look for the item or service you want and add it to the shopping cart.
- To make the payment, click on ‘Pay through SambaConnect’.
- If you are a registered SambaConnect user, you will be prompted to enter your user ID and password. After signing in, you can simply choose the preferred mode of payment and authorize payment.
- If you are not a registered SambaConnect user, you can still pay through SambaConnect using your credit card. In this case, you will be prompted to enter your card number, expiry date and CVV number.
- Once the transaction is completed, you will receive a confirmation message from SambaConnect. After you acknowledge this message, you will be redirected to the merchant’s website.
- The merchant will also receive a separate message confirming that you have authorised the payment.
Both Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) online purchases work in this same way as mentioned above. However, corporate payments use the maker-checker function; a corporate buyer first initiates a payment (the maker), then a verifier authorizes it in order to complete the transaction (the checker).
You can pay using any of the following
- Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
- Samba account